Tuesday, June 15, 2010

hill climbing with God and Mr Melancholy

the past few weeks since Cam's employment change have been a bit scary
I am very used to Cam being the one who handles things like this in stride.
There is not much that can "ruffle his feathers"
He tends to be the one who says things like
"it will all work out"
"it is all part of God's plan"
"don't worry momma"
all sorts of things I know are true, but don't really want to hear
Well...that is not the case this time.
Cam is really struggling with this situation
and has become a bit down in the dumps...or melancholy as he put it
I'll admit that I don't like this one bit
if he is melancholy...that means I have to be the one giving the pep talks
I am not very good at pep talks
truth be told...when I encounter a hill in life
I *end up* being glad that I had Cam, and his words of wisdom to pull me out of my frump
I find it hard to be the de-frumper
I find it very hard to see him be in such a frump
it is difficult because he is out of town all week
it is very hard to gage his mood over the phone
and...truth be told...aside from the "go-to" phrases,
I have not found anything that has been able to
make much of a dent in his melancholy mood,
He is so down that not even talk of fishing seems
to improve his frump.

So...I will keep reminding him of what we know is true,
God is in this, even when it is hard to see Him, He
knows the plans that He has for our future.
He is walking up this hill with me and Mr. Melancholy,
and He hasn't abandoned us on any hills we've encountered
in the past.

I'm sure glad that all hills have a top...and the view from the
top is almost always grand!!

No comments: