Tuesday, September 16, 2008

13 years...

who'da thunk??

I'll be the first to admit that this whole marriage thing ain't all it cracked up to be at times.

Its been a long road...and it's been pretty rough at times.

Sometimes it seems like just yesterday...and other times it seems like forever ago.

But when I look at all that has happened in the last 13 years...
I'd be a fool to think that we've not been blessed beyond measure.
I'd be a bigger fool to think that we did it by our selves.

Gods been guiding us the whole way...(some parts of the 13 years requiring more guidance than others).

Gods handy work was very evident today...when I pulled in the driveway to find my husband was home. He is supposed to be out of town for the week. (I will admit that a little part of me was so touched because I thought he drove home because he remembered it was our anniversary and wanted to surprise me)...but...alas...that was not the case...his schedule has changed and he will be home this week.

But...he did not forget and even offered to take me out for dinner (which is a miracle in and of itself...because he is usually against such spendature's).
So...Happy Anniversary to us...


Here's to many more years of this amazing journey!!

2 comments:

Be the Good said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!!!! You two haven't aged a bit!! I, for one, am glad for all of those 13 years. Even though you think our family is a bit looney, you fit just right! Love ya!

the VanKoevering's said...

I have alway included myself as one of the looney...just I'm a different kind of looney than the rest :)