Tuesday, September 23, 2008

have you ever felt called?

I have been called, if you will, to the people of Haiti for a few years now. It all started with the most precious little face. His name is Simon...and I was really bent on him joining our family for a few months. But...God had other plans...Simon has a "forever" family now, and it is not us.

I don't know where this calling stems from.

Did it start way before I saw little Simon precious face?

Is it because my brother worked/lived in Haiti for 9+ months while I was in high school, and I never got to go?

Wherever this feeling comes from, I hope that someday I can do something to help impact the people of Haiti in a positive way. I sometime feel that this call brought me to the medical field, and someday I can use my knowledge in the field to help the people of Haiti.

Isn't it amazing how God works.

A couple years ago I was certain that we would add a child to our family through adoption from Haiti...now I know that I may not be called to adopt a child...God may have used that precious little face to open up a whole other opportunity for me.

I found this video over at the Livesays blog (Haiti Missionaries). I love the song...listen to it close, and it made me think again about listening real close for what God may be trying to tell you.

Happy Tuesday to you all, and remember to listen...listen for what He may be telling you everyday!

Please pray for the people of Haiti. It has been raining way to much and more rain is on the way. People are losing there homes and loved ones, roads are washing out...it is just not a good situation.

No comments: