Thursday, February 28, 2008

How'd you do?

**While there was only one commenter for the test...I know that there are a few of you out there who choose not to comment for some reason. Sorry you missed out on the super cool "prize"**

And the super cool "prize" goes too....(drum roll please...)

Marissa who is way smarter than me...she correctly answered 3 out of the 5 questions.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

#1. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?
ANSWER: You are in second place.

#2. If you overtake the last person, than you are?
ANSWER: You can't overtake the last person...the last person is the LAST person there is!

**The third question must be done in your head...no paper or calculator!**

#3. Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
ANSWER: 4100 (really...check it with a calculator)

#4. Mary's father has five daughters: Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?
ANSWER: Mary (but...Nunu is a really great answer too.)

Bonus Round:A mute person goes into a shop and wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing his teeth he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done. Next, a blind man comes into the shop who wants to buy a pair of sunglasses; how does he indicate what he wants?
ANSWER: He just opens his mouth and asks for them...it's that simple!

4 comments:

Be the Good said...

I would like to object to the answer to #3. If you over take the last person, then you have lapped them and you are in 1st place...still. I think I had it correct.

Be the Good said...

I mean the answer to #2...not #3.

the VanKoevering's said...

I am just going by the answers I was given...but I can see your point too.

Anonymous said...

Cool...even though I already know the answers, I had some trouble on the 4th