Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh how time flies...

I find it hard to believe that December is already here! I feel like I just nicely got all the winter "wear" packed away...and now we have hauled it all out...to find that most of it fits no one!

I am working on getting my shopping list together for the "great holiday shopping spree" (who am I kidding I am...and always have been a last minute shopper...December 24 is a great day to be trying to find gifts!) I am finding this to be more true now that I am working full time. When I hear people proclaim that they have there shopping done already...I call them bad names under my breath...and curse them...only for a second and then I come to my senses. In my defence I haven't gotten very good ideas from the parents of the children who's names we have chosen this year...heck...I have a hard time trying to get lists together for my own children...so coming up with something to get for the kids who have everything...not an easy task.

I did brave the "black Friday" crowd to get some great deals on gifts for my girls. They are all going to be surprised on Christmas morning...they usually get cloths...I'm dutch...us dutch folks tend to be rather practical...I've thrown practical out the window this year (it helps when you have 2 incomes and an actual clothing budget for once in your life!)

We still do not have a working computer at our home. We are going to get through the holidays and see if Cam continues to work on a regular basis before we bring it in to be de-bugged, de-fraged, de-junked, de-whatever they do to it to make it work better. We all are starting to miss it. I needed a recipe that I couldn't find the the cook book the other day...and I've been wanting to do a little "browsing" for Christmas gift ideas...Oh how sad it is that we come to depend on this like we do.

Cam is actually working close to home this week...it is weird to have him home every night...we hardly now what to say to each other...we went away last night and I don't think we said more than a dozen words to each other...sad! I will say that it has been very nice to have the extra body heat in the very cold bed at night.

Well...if anyone has any great gift ideas for boys or girls between the ages of 2 and 6...I could use all the help I can get. It would be really nice to avoid a trip to the store on Dec 24 (especially since I will be at work that day!)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

2 comments:

Be the Good said...

which children do you have?

jimi hollemans said...

so you are Cam's wife...(I asked on facebook just now)...went to school with him Best Wishes, tell him I said hi