Thursday, July 5, 2007

"think of Me"





I found this over at the Haiti missionaries blog and wanted to share.

I find that most days I think about me (Shannon)! I find it oh so easy to pick up those things that I NEED!!! And I don't think twice about what God WANTS of me. But looking back at the previous statement...it should say...those things I WANT...and...what God NEEDS of me!! I often get my wants and needs all mixed up.

So...what is the difference between need, and want?

need vb 1: to be in want 2: to have cause or occasion for
3: to be under obligation or necessity

want vb 1: to desire earnestly

I should desire to do what God NEEDS me too...because every time I do I am blessed beyond measure!!

If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God:
Deuteronomy 28:1-2



1 comment:

Julie said...

great video shannon - i stole it and put it on my blog too!!
julie