Thursday, July 17, 2008

my first week...

well...I am almost through my very first week in my new career!! It is so very nice to be able to say that. I have been working toward this for a long time...and to finally be in a position of "gainful employment"...well...it is an amazing feeling indeed! (and the fact that I am employed with Metro Health...that is just like having my cake and eating it too!!)

It has been a pretty eventful week...lots of orientation and training...lots and lots of new stuff to wrap my brain around...lots of co-workers to meet...lots of rules to learn...to say my mind is mush....that would be an understatement!!!

While I had hoped I would be close to home...I have been placed in Caledonia...which isn't terribly far away...it takes me 20 minutes to get there in the am...and about 25 minutes to get home at night...it is a busy practice with several doctors and staff and (from what I've experienced...great patients!) I continue to learn more every day and look forward to getting more hands on each day as well.

Our family is still in the adjustment phase...but, to my surprise, the girls are doing very well with all the changes (knock on wood) and once school starts, I think this will be an excellent situation!

I hope you are all finding a way to stay cool...Have a great weekend!! If you find yourself in need of medical care...come visit us at Metro! (It's shameless...I know:)

No comments: