Tuesday, April 22, 2008

OH...how the time flies...

On April 20th, 7 years ago...I spent my day having contractions. Now I had been through this a couple times already...and I had never been sent home for going to the hospital too early...and I wasn't going to let the third time be the "charm".

So...I kept this tid-bit of information to myself. Well...I had been having contractions like this (rather painful) for a couple of months already...the doctor said it was because it was my third and things happen sooner and yahda...yahda...yahda. After hearing this...I was certainly not going to the hospital unless I was 100% sure that "it" was really "it"!! (I was secretly hoping that my water would break and then they wouldn't be able to send me home)

Well, the day wore on and it was about bedtime (for the girls) and I said to Cam..."I think this might really be it!" So we called the doctor...called grandma and grandpa...dropped the girls off...and arrived at the hospital around 10:15pm...to my excitement I was dilated to 5 already...so my day worth of discomfort has not been for naught. And...at 1:10am on Saturday morning, April 21...little Haidyn Johanna became the 5th and final member of our family!

What an addition she had been...
~she is about the most stubborn person I know
~she keeps us laughing all the time
~she is girl through and through
~she says "guess what" at least 117 times each day
and...
~she's a lover and a snuggler (except when she's not!)

Some things that happened or were learned this year...
~she went to day camp for the first time
~she rode the "big" rides at Michigan's adventure for the first time
~she lost her first tooth
~she learned how to read
and...
~she learned how to ride her bike without training wheels



She has a huge list of things she is going to learn this year...the biggest one is how to swim without swimmies!!

Well...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lou-Lou...


I can't believe my "baby" is 7 years old already...were would we be without you!



No comments: