Friday, April 18, 2008

What a crazy week (or two) it has been...

Well...It has been awhile since I have had the time or energy to come up with something to say here. So...here's a little "catch-up"...

Spring Break really kicked my butt. I would like to say that I spent some quality time with the girls doing so many fun fun things...but other than one trip to the mall, it was all work and no play for the residence of VK-ville!

Cam was out of town for the whole week...and it looks like most of the spring/summer will bring a lot of the same...I would like to give a GREAT BIG "WAY TO GO!!! to all the single moms out there...you are now my hero's...I don't know how you do it 24/7...you are stronger than I!!

I have reached the final week of the winter session at school. Final exams are next week Tuesday and Wednesday. AMEN and HALLELUJAH!!! Then it is on to my internship which is at an amazing little pediatrics office...I am so excited to start! I have begun to apply for jobs, so if you want to add that to your prayer list, just pray that God will lead me to the position He wants me to be in.

My father made a trip to the ER this week. He was experiencing tightness in his chest, and with a history of heart troubles in his family...we were glad that he saw the importance in going for the sake of a little peace of mind. All tests came back normal, so they are unsure of the cause. He had a stress test yesterday...so hopefully all is well and it was just a fluke thing?? I will admit that I had hoped my parents would just no get old and have problems like this...but I guess that is an unrealistic expectation!

I found out that I am going to have another nephew sometime in August (hopefully the 19th). While I was hoping for a niece...mostly because they have 2 boys and the whole "what would she look like" thing...but God has a plan, and a healthy baby of either gender is all we can ask for so it will be my pleasure to snuggle little Mr. lots and lots. (because as I have stated before...snuggling babies is my favorite!!)

You should really come and see the greenhouses
A) they are always nice and toasty warm...which does wonders for the mind, body , spirit, and tan!
B) the flowers are blooming like crazy...it is just beautiful, and smells nice too! (I will add some pictures for your viewing pleasure soon!)
C) soon we will start to ship everything...and then it will be gone and you won't get to see it!

I am currently enjoying a day off!! I hardly know what to do with myself. I do know that some spring cleaning is in order, and maybe a trip to Goodwill to offload some of our extra(read way to small) cloths!! I can't wait for the temperature to rise just a smidgen more so I can open up the windows and let the wonderful spring air in!

And...my mother just called (did I ever tell you that she is amazing and I love her lots and lots). Her and my father have invited me out for breakfast! So have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful weather. Tah Tah for now!

No comments: