Wednesday, June 25, 2008

from the bottom of a big hole...too cloud nine...

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a worrier. I come by it quite naturally...I come from a long line of worrier's, it's who I am...it's not a strong point...I'm getting better...but those who love me accept it!

I have been down a long road that has taught me that God is a great provider. I have also learned that He likes to hit me square between the eye's with blessings when I feel like the whole world is against me.

We have had a crappy couple of years for sure...it seemed like everything that could go wrong...did!!! I worried, I stressed, and cried a tear or two (thousand)...but in the end God gave us everything we needed...one day at a time.

Lately I have been feeling down in the dumps...just when I felt like we were "getting ahead" I was hit with an unexpected bill, or some other financially draining situation! I was feed up...I was angry...I was un-trusting...I was unhappy!

Hind site being 20/20...I realize that in the blessing's department...my glass is overflowing...a wonderful husband who works hard every day...three healthy children...a wonderful family...a home...(that is not flooded)...the list is endless! But...at the time, the way I saw it "if there was "poo" coming down the shoot...it was going to land on our house 9 times out of 10!" Yes...I said it...out loud...more than once!

And then...as is usually the case...God decided that I needed a little lesson in trusting...real trusting...I'm talking 24/7 trusting. He not only found me a job...He let me have the job that I've been wanting since I started school...and He even opened up the possibility of that job being located 2 miles from my home!

Do I feel a little (read a lot) sheepish? YES!!! Do I know better? YES!!

I am so very thankful that I have a God who is willing to work with me...that He allows me to be a work in progress...that He realizes that I am not perfect, but He is willing to love me anyway...and love me big time! Do I deserve it? NO!!

So...while I am still enjoying the view from cloud nine...I am also realizing that I need to give praise where praise is due...I certainly didn't do this by myself...and I am so glad that I didn't have too!

No comments: