Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hard to move on...

I am finding it hard to blog about anything other than Hannah and Rose, and their family. It seems somewhat cold to just go on with life as usual...and not dwell on the loss of Rose and tiny Hannah in the NICU. It has consumed my thoughts for the past week...just seven days ago I sat around waiting to hear of their birth...hoping and praying...and now one week later I have just returned from the cemetery where we said our final goodbyes to that sweet little girl who we "held" for such a short time.

I wanted to share with you the words that Roses' daddy wrote to her...they are beautiful...

Little Rosebud,

You were only with us a short while,
but we loved you more than you ever could have known.
From the moment we knew you were in momma's tummy,
we started dreaming about you-
about how you'd look, how big your smile would be,
how loud you'd laugh and how hard you'd fight with Tessa.

We had big dreams for you, little lady.

But our dreams were simple
compared to the dreams Jesus has for you.
You went straight from our arms into His
and you're seeing things we've never even imagined.
Down here, your eyes were never open,
and I want you to know...you didn't miss a thing.
I'm so happy that the very first thing you ever saw
was the smiling face of Jesus as He waited for you
with His arms wide open.

Well, I'm getting to the end, but it's hard to say goodbye.
Just know that your momma and I love you and that
your brothers and sisters do as well--
they're always asking what you're doing in heaven.

And whenever they ask, we tell them you're laughing
and that you're running, that you're playing with Jesus
and that you're flying.

Keep flying, Princess, until we meet you there.

Love,

Daddy, Mommy, Madi, Caleb, Andrew, Tessa and Hannah



I have decided to move all updates and prayers to the right side of the blog...I'll keep you posted on the needs of this family. Though it is hard to move on...we know where Rose is, and we will one day see her again.

"How very softly you tiptoed into our world. Almost silently. Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left on our heart"

No comments: