Thursday, September 6, 2007

In His image...

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:26-28

(This section of this post has been removed...because my dear husband thought it my be offensive to some? I found it funny and thought provoking...I personally feel that God has a sense of humor...and I didn't intend it to be sac religious or to offend anyone. You can now locate this section of this post in the comment section for this post if you would be interesting in reading it. Enter at your own discretion...those with no sense of humor...might want to skip it?)

God created ALL of us in His image. Not just everyone who looks like me...or believes like me...not just the people I like...or those who like me...EVERYONE!! The people who live half way around the world...who I will never meet...who maybe have never even heard the name Jesus...yep...God created them...and...IN HIS IMAGE, just like me.

As a mom I have gotten the "What does God look like?" question a few times. And I always come up with an answer that "seems" to satisfy? "Well...we won't really know til we get to heaven...but I'm sure He is amazing!" But...this morning the best answer came to me, I think, He must "look" like ALL of us...


but...image isn't just how we look; it's not our size or shape, it's not the color of our skin or hair...

Image; vb: meaning: to create a representation of.

In the end it doesn't really matter what God looks like, His physical appearance isn't the part of His image that's most important!!

So...those are my thoughts for this beautiful Thursday morning. Have a great day...and when you walk out your door...remember just who It is you represent!!

2 comments:

orneryswife said...

I LOVED that post! I put it in my blog, so if you ever want to read it, drop in! I laughed and laughed. I think we Christians shouldn't be too straight laced. You know if Jesus hung out with fisherman and tax collectors He heard some pretty crass humor, and while He may not have participated in the crass stuff, you know He must have enjoyed laughter!

However, thank you for your sensitivity, too. My husband would probably be inclined to agree with him...after he finished laughing! :-)

the VanKoevering's said...

*this is the original "middle" of this post...

There were 3 good arguments that Jesus was Black:
1. He called everyone brother.
2. He liked Gospel.
3. He couldn't get a fair trial.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Jewish:
1. He went into His Father's business.
2 He lived at home until he was 33.
3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin, and his Mother was sure He was God.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian:
1. He talked with His hands.
2. He had wine with His meals.
3. He used olive oil.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a Californian:
1. He never cut His hair.
2. He walked around barefoot all the time.
3. He started a new religion.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was an American Indian:
1. He was at peace with nature.
2. He ate a lot of fish.
3. He talked about the Great Spirit.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments the Jesus was Irish:
1. He never got married.
2. He was always telling stories.
3. He loved green pastures.

But the most compelling evidence of all; 3 arguments that Jesus was a woman:
1. He fed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food.
2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men, who just didn't get it.
3. And even when He was dead, He had to get up because there was work to do.