Tuesday, September 25, 2007

satisfying my need for comfort food...

I am in the process of making my favorite comfort food...Cheese Broccoli Soup...although it should be called Cheese Vegetable Soup...none-the-less...it is fabulous!!!

Here is the recipe...

1- 49.5oz. can of chicken broth
10 small red potato's cut into bite sized pieces
1-2 cups cut up carrots
1 cup cut up celery
1 bag frozen broccoli
1 10.5 oz. can cream of celery soup
1 cup milk (can be a can of evaporated milk)
16 oz. Velveeta cheese cut up

Bring chx broth to a boil. Place cut up potato's, carrots, celery and broccoli into broth. (I usually do the potato's and carrots first, they take a little longer to cook!) Once all veggies are tender turn burner to low and add crm. celery soup and milk. Once they are well combined add Velveeta until melted...finally ENJOY!!

By the way...it's not to bad for you either, so it won't hurt the waistline!!

2 comments:

Be the Good said...

YES!!!! Thank you!!! Oh my....that sounds so tasty right now. Thanks for posting the recipe.

the VanKoevering's said...

Marissa, I knew you would appriciate this...this post was posted with you in mind!!

Have a great week!