Friday, May 30, 2008

Growing up as the youngest child with the last name Van K...

There is something about the youngest children in the family that I have married into...(actually there is something about all the members of the family I married into)...but for this post I am focusing on the youngest.

I happen to have one of the above mentioned children in my home. And...to say she makes life interesting...well that would be an understatement.

Some of the things that come out of her mouth...well...they often make me laugh so hard I cry. And what's even funnier is that she has no idea that it is that funny.

She also comes up with the strangest things to do with her body...like laying on the floor and making a farting sound with her hands cupped in her knee pits and her legs kicking frantically...I should really tape it...it is amusing. And...her impression of the "Shakira...Shakira" dance...hilarious!!

She used to be very offended if we told stories about her funniness, or asked her to share with everyone around...she is growing out of that a little bit...which might not be a good thing. (the other youngest Van K. child...who is 20 something now...still does stuff like this...and sometimes the end result is a little embarrassing for the family). I'm sure that Haidyn is going to grow up to be the life of the party...but I hope she can do it with a little bit of modesty!

All that said I had to share a photo of our crazy youngest child...and for this lovely art of facial contortion I give full and complete credit to the Van K. gene pool...she gets NONE of this from me...she is a Van K. through and through...


There is something weird in her brain that makes her think of these kinds of things...it is a unique something, and I swear it is found mostly in youngest children...and it is especially prevalent in the Van K. family, and please don't get me wrong...I love everyone of them...but they are a VERY unique breed!!

No comments: