Saturday, May 31, 2008

New book of the month...

I usually just quietly change the book of the "month" (and usually not monthly!)...but I wanted to draw a little more attention to this book.


To say it is fabulous...that would be an understatement. I am not an avid reader by any stretch...it is not the least bit difficult for me to count on one hand the books that I have read this year. And...it usually takes me a r e a l l y long time to read a book.

I read this book in less than one week...I stayed up entirely to late at night because I kept telling myself "OK at the next break I'll go to bed"...but it was always at a good part when the next break came. I started it last Tuesday night (it was my first night without Cam home...I always have trouble going to bed)...and I finished it on Saturday morning...I woke up early and everyone else was still sawing logs...so I was free to cry my eyes out without pointing and laughing from my children.

I am not going to give anything away (other than it might make you cry...I say might because I cry during almost every episode of Little House on the Prairie...it doesn't take much...so you may be able to hold it together better than I)...but if you are like me and like true stories...full of adventure and suspense...you should really take some time to read this book. It would be a fabulous beach/by the pool book for the summer.

And...believe me...it will not take long to finish...you will find it hard to put it down once you've started.

Happy reading!

No comments: