Monday, May 12, 2008

ya need it...but don't you wish you didn't...


While everyday I wish I could "cut the cord" between me and the gas pump...it is a unrealistic answer to the "problem".

I cringe every time a drive past a gas station...I just try not to look. I found it a little bit funny when I experienced great excitement at the sight of gas that was a mere $3.79 a gallon!!! That was a whole 5 cents/gallon cheaper than I had purchased gas for the day before!!! URG!!!

I also feel like an old lady because I can say..."I remember when gas was only 99 cents a gallon"...99 cents!!!! That would be heaven!! (also unrealistic...but heaven none the less!)

So...we are going to be staying home an awful lot for the foreseeable future...I was even thinking last night that we may need to go "camping" in our own backyard this summer. Maybe invite some friends...it could be great!

I will say that life as a mountain man/women is starting to sound more and more appealing...live off the land...now that's a novel concept...I think our ancestors were on to something...oh how I wish I could stop lining the pockets of the oil companies!!

No comments: